I tend to leave webpages open until I have a chance to get back to them, but the number of windows and tabs that I have open in Firefox is getting ridiculous.
I figured that I’d post a sort of executive summary – and then I can close everything and just refer back to this post. Here goes…
Independent Game Development (and Game Competitions):
- Truly Independent Game Development: A Case For Making Games By Yourself: Thank you Lindsay, for gracing us with this article. Haw. Haw.
- 2-Bee Games: Home of the Indie Game Competition B2 Judgement Day. (Submissions close in 2 weeks).
- Stonking Great Game Contest: Create a Zero Punctuation themed game. (Submissions close October 19)
Starting a Business:
- Australian Institute for Commercialisation: Apparantly completely unaffiliated with Australia’s Funniest Commercials.
- Small Business Development Corporation: A bunch of useful stuff including notes, workshops, and a checklist.
- Diary of a Social Venture Start-up: Building Your Team and The Business Plan. Actually, let’s have more about the Zen of Business Plans and Compelling Executive Summaries.
- The Care and Feeding of the Press: A guide for press relations staff (or those who play them on TV)
- Building Buzz for Indie Games: References this gamasutra article and the Zero Budget Indie Marketing Guide
- Mochimedia: Advertising and micropayments APIs for Flash games.
- Flash Game License: The place to buy and sell Flash games; it’s like a B2B marketplace.
- Come2Play: Multiplayer API for Flash games… and they pay you to use it?! (includes sexually suggesting explanatory video).
- iPhone Sales Numbers: for Flight Control, Dapple (with bonus brutal honesty), Mouse House, Rebound, Hit Tennis, Super Monkey Ball, Trism, Surf Prodigy, Where To? and Tipulator… hmmm maybe Flash is better?
- WordPress e-Commerce plugin: Oh wait: the “famous” WordPress e-Commerce Plugin. Unlike these other ten.
- Arras Theme: Looks pretty… live demo looks messed up for me in Firefox though (alignment issues).
- How-To Create an eCommerce Website with WordPress in under 5 minutes: Just because the video is under 5 minutes, doesn’t mean the actual time taken will be.
- Gravatars:… I should probably have one.
- Boomshine: Simple, yet elegant and “moreish” Flash game – also available for iPhone.
- Summer Pickle Recipe: I think that I love Lucy Knisley… that or pickles… and cats. (Also, her userpics history is great.)
- Three Idols: Apparantly crazy-hard logic puzzle. Haven’t even thought about it, but it seems harder than the Two Guards classic.
- High-Paid Developers as ScrumMasters?: “What the fuck is a ScrumMaster? What the fuck is this person asking? Seriously, how did this get in my RSS reader?”
- Why I am Not a Professor OR The Decline and Fall of the British University: I think that Phil sent me this.
- Spectrum Project Space:… um… someone sent me this… Simon?
- Area5’s CO-OP show: It’s like the 1-UP show, but from the fifth level of Rez… apparantly. Haven’t actually had the chance to watch an episode…
- Timelapse level design for Team Fortress 2: Interesting to watch, but I would have picked different music.
- Secret of the Internet Revealed: I knew it! DUUUUUFFFFFYYYY!
I guess that I’ll end this oversized post with a quote from a page open in a browser tab:
“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum to the women and men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.” – Antoine De Saint-Exupery, The Wisdom of the Sands
Best description of leadership I’ve read all day. 😀