I spent some time yesterday going through my video games and deciding which ones aren’t worth keeping for one reason or another. Some are just plain bad, but a fair few are very well-regarded games that just aren’t my cup of tea.
I figure that I will either put them on eBay, trade them in for store credit at GameTraders, or give them away. I may consider giving some of them away as prizes at future OneTwenty events… but most aren’t suitable.
Here’s the list (organised by console, with older consoles towards the end; everything is in excellent condition with all packaging unless otherwise noted):
- Tenchu: Dark Secret: I got this game because I really liked the original Tenchu. Unfortunately, this game is extraordinarily bad. It’s worth playing (to witness the spectacle), but definately not worth keeping.
- Freedom Fighters: I mostly got this game because of the physics engine (to see how it holds up), but also because it was well-recieved. I couldn’t get into it because of the control scheme.
- Unreal 2: The Awakening: I really, really liked Unreal, and wanted to play the sequel. I don’t really play PC games anymore so I picked this up on XBOX. Played it for a while, but the load times were killing me!
- Deus Ex: The Invisible War: Highly praised in-depth first person RPG. People I have lent it to love it to bits. I should have remembered that I don’t like in-depth RPGs…
- James Bond 007: Nightfire: One of the first games I got for my Gamecube. A good FPS with novel third-person gameplay elements. Not something I will ever play again though.
- Jak II: Renegade: I rather liked Jak & Daxter, and this had better graphics and tight controls… but why do you make me collect so much stuff? Why? Why!?! I don’t have the time for this sort of game anymore; particularly with so much competition.
- Automodellista: Anime-style car racing? Oh yeah! But the gameplay is too strongly geared (har har) towards a simulation (rather than arcade) style for my tastes.
- Gungrave: You shoot stuff, look cool, and it keeps track of how many bullets you fired over the course of the game! Awesome!… no real replay value though.
- The Thing: Highly praised for it’s story, suspense, and multiple character gameplay. Turns out I don’t really look for any of those things in a game though.
- Batman: Vengence: Simple graphics (like the TV series). Decent gameplay. Just nothing to make it stand out.
- Bangai-O: I think I bought this because it was from Treasure, which is a Japanese games company famous for it’s shooters. I’m told this game is absolute bliss for Treasure fans. I realised that I’m not a Treasure fan.
- 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker: Hmmm… it was cheap… never buy things because they are cheap… that said, I can do a great price on this one!
- Tech Romancer: Fighting game with giant robots. Nothing special. Maybe someone out there is collecting Dreamcast fighting games?
- Trickstyle: One of my first Dreamcast games. Fun, but can’t see myself playing it again.
- Jo-Jo’s Bizzare Adventure: Well regarded fighting game from a popular license. Meh. Again, anyone collecting Dreamcast fighting games?
- Doom: Picked this up cheap. Wondered how it fared on GBA. Guess what? It’s the same old game that I didn’t really like the first time around.
- Sheep: Sounded like a potential hit with me; a novel concept well-executed with unique gameplay elements. Turns out that herding sheep is actually pretty boring (see: Herdy Gerdy)
- Bionic Commando: Elite Forces: Bionic Commando!… now a bit too old-school for me.
- Metroid 2: Return of Samus: I realised after playing this game that I don’t really like old Metroid games. Metroid Fusion for GBA is far better IMHO. (No packaging, permanent marker writing on cartridge)
If you are interested in any of these games, please let me know!
Note: I also have a number of games that I am undecided on (whether to keep them or not) and I’ll be evaluating them on weekends over the next month or so (hopefully with the help of fellow Onetwenty-iens!)
3 thoughts on “Games I’m getting rid of”
Can I have dues-ex for xbox. I really enjoyed the PC version and feel it was far better than stalker which I have been playing recently.
Fancy a trade?
Hm might go for the Bangai-O if nobody else is after it and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure for some fanatical friends. Maybe have a games day to go through them all and maybe some people might want to have them added to the library instead?
Hahaha, permanent marker writing on the cartridge..
Comments are closed.