Just a quick overview of the news from GDC’06. There is a good roundup on Next Generation and you can find more detailed information on the usual sites.
- It looks like Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo are all hoping to break the retail model with the introducion of their download services.
- PS3 doesn’t live up to the “target renders” from last year’s E3. (Gasp!)
- Shadow of the Colossus gets almost half of the Game Developers’ Choice Awards.
Nintendo news (from Iwata’s keynote; see the press release):
- There will be Sega Genesis and TurboGraphix games on the Revolution’s Virtual Console Service.
- Zelda: Phantom Hourglass was announced for Nintendo DS! See the video.
What happened to the announcement of the official name for the Nintendo Revolution?
2 thoughts on “Game Developers Conference summary”
I am soooo getting a DS just to play phantom hourglass. Looks like style is very similar to wind waker.
Hmm… so they didn’t release the official name as rumored huh? Perhaps it’s going to break previous trends, and just stick with Revolution.
Yeah, I think that they’ll stick with Revolution. It’s already used throughout their US website.
Comments are closed.